Friday, October 2, 2009

Support!

I was looking around on the Anaphylaxis Canada website, and I found out that they organize support groups all over the country, for people with anaphylaxis and their parents. I decided to sign up, since I know only one other person with a life-threatening allergy, and I thought it would be good to connect with a few more. Because, let's face it, if you don't deal with the reality of this type of allergy on a day-to-day basis, you have no idea what it's really like.

So I sent an email to the group administrator in my area and she responded within a couple of hours! Pretty amazing for a volunteer-run group! I gave her my info, she added me to the group contact list, and before the day was done, I had 3 more emails from her with info about group meetings, other members and general info. And not only that, but I also had two more emails from other group members offering their support. Wow!

I will go to my first meeting in a couple of weeks, so I'll let you know how it goes. So far, though, I am super impressed with the information, support and care that these people showed me. I would highly recommend this support group! Especially if, like me, your child is newly diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment